The model A anti-syphon valve reduces fire hazards and prevents oil spills caused by oil being siphoned from the storage tank onto the boiler room floor. The valve automatically shuts off the oil flow in the event of a broken or inadvertently left open oil suction line as required by NFPA 30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code. This protection is required by many codes and is recommended on all installations where the highest level of oil in storage is above the boiler room floor.
- The assembly consists of a heavy bronze body with oil proof gasketing, spring-loaded poppet, composition seat and dashpot
- Tight shut-off is assured by the resilient seat material
- Smooth, quiet operation is provided by the dashpot
- Suction lines may be tested for tightness under reasonable pressure without damage to the seat
- The anti-syphon valve is installed in a vertical position at the highest point in the suction line with no part of the line between the valve and the tank below the maximum oil storage level